A noticeable trend in every wedding exhibition in Mumbai and elsewhere is the increasing presence of bridal accessories. While the outfit still draws focus, bridal accessories are becoming more and more important than before in their role in enhancing the overall bridal look. Being a vast country with diverse cultures and rituals, bridal accessories have been borrowed from various parts of the country and are being worn by brides with panache.
• Accessories like veils are making a comeback and brides are opting for fine net fabrics to fall over their head to give a regal look.
- Baajubands, which are a staple for Rajasthani brides, are being embraced by women everywhere to add shimmer to their arms. These are increasingly seen at a wedding exhibition in Mumbai
- The amboda pin which is a sparkling hair piece, put at the centre of the amboda bun comes from Maharashtra and is a distinct hair accessory.
- Belts or kamarbandh in ornate designs and studded with stones and gems are both utilitarian as well as aesthetically appealing.
- Brooches to hold your saree/dupatta in place in style is another bridal accessory that deserves attention. Are you struggling to find a stylish one? Just visit a jewellery exhibition in Mumbai and you could get just what you want.
- The nath or mukhutti as it is known in South India comes in various shapes and sizes and is definitely a bridal essential. They occupy a prominent position on the face and one can experiment with different looks to choose the right one.
There are several other interesting pieces like bangles, anklets, chokers, maang tikkas etc., which complete the Indian bride and have been popular for years. Attending any jewellery exhibition in Mumbai is one of the easiest ways to witness all these varieties under one roof and pick the finest for your big day. Time to jewel up, ladies!